All buildings and facilities are closed until further notice and teaching will continue at a distance, as far as possible (last update: 16/03/2020)
Given the current situation caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) announces the following information:
– The Rector has published, on 15 March, a resolution to provide guidelines to be followed by the URV community in order to collaborate in reducing the spread of COVID-19. All URV buildings and facilities are closed except for the essential basic services and mechanisms to ensure non-presential working are established.
– The University has ceased classroom activity at least until March 27. Teaching will continue at a distance, as far as possible.
-The URV has created a committee to monitor and take measures against COVID-19. This committee will provide daily updates via the URV website, social media and other channels of communication to ensure that the university community is informed about the evolution of the situation and is aware of any new developments.
– This committee has established an internal protocol in response to the public health alert (in Catalan, forthcoming in English). The protocol establishes the measures that are to be applied to the URV’s campuses and to the University’s academic activities. It is intended to provide guidance and advice for the URV Community. This protocol is under constant review.
– The arrival of students and staff from other institutions is non-feasible, as the buildings are closed and activity is expected to continue at home. For students and staff intending to travel for an Erasmus exchange, the URV recommends postponing or cancelling visits to countries and regions of risk. The European Commission has classified the current situation as “force majeure”.
– The URV reminds you that you must follow the instructions issued by the Public Health Agency, of the Department of Health of the Catalan Government.
-The URV will notify you of any new circumstances that may affect the university community and of any recommendations or measures that may be adopted as a result.